Easy Peanut Butter Recipe Made Chocolatey
It will always be easier to just go out and buy something at the store – peanut butter included – but it is worth noting that making peanut butter at home is easy. Any peanut butter recipe is pretty much an easy peanut butter recipe. The difficulty is in how you want to gussy it up. I have been on a bit of dark chocolate kick of late so a dark chocolate peanut butter just felt right. This isn’t your kid’s chocolate hazelnut spread. No, this is a serious peanut butter for you the dark chocolate lover in you!
An Easy Peanut Butter Recipe – The Grind
Making peanut butter is very easy. In fact, as any easy peanut butter recipe will suggest, you only need peanuts and a food processor. The peanuts, preferably roasted and unsalted, are placed in the food processor and processed until the peanut butter with the texture you prefer is created. The heat of the processor will turn the peanuts into a peanut butter in just a few minutes. As the processor goes, you will see the peanuts get grainy, then sticky, then smoother then they will magically turning into a full fledged butter. Be patient, it will happen!
An Easy Peanut Butter Recipe – The Add Ins
One benefit of making peanut butter at home is that you get the exact peanut butter you want! If you don’t want added sugar, don’t add any. If you prefer it sweetened with honey, put in a few tablespoons. If you want it to be rich with dark chocolatey goodness, drop in 4 oz of chocolate (70% or 85% cacoa). You won’t be sorry. For me, I think a dark chocolate peanut butter needs a few tablespoons of sugar just to help bring all the good flavors out, but it is up to you. The dark chocolate peanut butter is amazing as a sandwich on brioche bread,. It is something you won’t even tell the kids about! Don’t be shy about adding some banana and some cocoa nibs! YUM!
An Easy Peanut Butter Recipe – The Video and Recipe
The “Easy Peanut Butter Recipe” video is below. The full recipe follows.
- 1 lb roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 4 oz dark chocolate (70% or 85% cacao solids)
- 2 tbsp sugar (more or less to taste
- With a sharp knife, rough chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- To the bowl of a food processor add the peanuts. Pulse the peanuts to break them up then process the peanuts on high until the peanuts look grainy and stick together and almost balling up together.
- Add the chocolate and sugar. Continue processing until a peanut butter with your desired texture is formed.
- Remove from the bowl and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Any type of chocolate can be used.
- Try the dark chocolate peanut butter on brioche bread!
Keep Eating! Keep Innovating!
Do you have an easy peanut butter recipe to share? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook.
Come On! Follow Along!